“The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare.”
—Juma Ikangaa, New York City Marathon winner
Apel can work closely with you to develop a highly customized strategic plan that presents a blueprint of your company, one that details its products or services in relation to your competitive environment, management team, financial health, and business risks.
Way more than a financing document
A strategic business plan developed by Apel means you’re getting much more than a tool to obtain financing. If you still have all your plans and ideas locked inside your head, preparing a strategic plan with us can help you clarify your company’s direction, ensure your key leaders are all on the same page, and keep both management and staff focused on the tasks at hand.
A strategic plan can be a crucial asset when…
- Starting a new venture, product, or service
- Expanding a current organization, product, or service
- Buying a new business, product, or service
- Turning around a declining business
It also allows you to do the following:
- Identify and describe the target customer profile, as well as the features, advantages, and benefits of your new venture, product, or service.
- Justify that your plans are credible by fully researching the need being filled with your new venture.
- Develop marketing plans, including full descriptions of targeted promotional campaigns with implementation time lines. This also enables you to examine market conditions, the nature of your customers (as well as your competitors), your sales potential, and the projected results of your promotional campaigns.
- Develop staffing plans, including identifying the key players; the preferred attitudes, skills, and expertise; and the compensation arrangements (e.g., the pay structure to maximize performance) needed to build the venture (i.e., the intellectual capital).
- Develop management plans, including full descriptions of management systems and time lines for implementation.
- Develop financial plans, including projected start-up costs, operating costs, revenue, profits, and break-even analysis for the first 3 to 5 years. Projected financial plans allow you to effectively anticipate problems—or prevent them. In other words, the perspective gained through your strategic business plan can make a significant contribution to your company’s success and help you get the funding you require. In fact, most lending institutions and private investors will not even talk to you without a solid financial plan.
- Identify building and equipment needs, including vendors and cost estimates.
- Formulate company milestones, including time lines for upcoming products and services in development.
Apel can help you develop a powerful strategic business plan that solidifies your vision, quantifies your aspirations, and ultimately plays a key role in establishing a successful business venture.
Contact us any time to start a discussion.