Professional support can make a world of difference
Although QuickBooks is marketed as easy for the layperson to understand, it can be daunting—and complicated. In fact, the initial setup, installation, and sequence of certain entries must be done correctly for your information and reports to be accurate.
Once QuickBooks is set-up and working properly, we can train you or your employees to properly operate the program specifically for your business. Why choose one-on-one attention from Apel instead of just sending staff to a class? Lots of reasons:
- We conveniently come to your location and train you within your own work environment.
- We focus on the individual issues facing your business.
- We will be there to answer your specific questions and concerns.
- We see no need to spend time on features that don’t impact your business!
Importantly, all the information necessary to set up manual accounting records is also necessary to set up and install QuickBooks on your computer system. The task is even more complicated if you switch from manual accounting operations to QuickBooks in the middle of the year.
Which accounting method will you use? What chart of accounts do you need for your business? How do you handle beginning balances? Should you use items, classes, or job tracking?
Apel can help you. One of our experts—typically known as a ProAdvisor via certification courses through QuickBooks—can easily answer all these questions and help you complete your initial setup and installation. In addition, your accounting employees can receive training on the accounting software to enhance their performance.
How much does it cost?
Before we quote you an exact price, we’ll need to first find out more about your business and your accounting records. Rest assured that we work with lots of small and mid-sized business owners. That means our rates are designed for affordability. Note that we can also create customized package pricing. (Please see our Affordability page for more detailed pricing information.)
As with any accounting software program, installation and training take time, time that may be taken away from managing your core business. On the other hand, starting your new accounting program off right is crucial and can save you from lots of headaches down the road. Here’s a short list of the services we provide during your QuickBooks setup:
- Studying and evaluating your software and accounting needs.
- Recommending software and hardware requirements.
- Installing software, designing and setting up the chart of accounts specific to your industry; setting up the main accounting package, including payroll, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, etc.
- Determining preferred (and appropriate) starting date for QuickBooks.
- Loading your chart of accounts and balances in relation to your starting date and preparing a list of items you sell to your customers. This item list includes services, inventory parts, non-inventory parts, other charges, and sales taxes (terms used within the QuickBooks software).
- Entering your outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable details as of your starting date.
- Entering your (ending) statement bank balances and outstanding checks and deposits in transit as of your starting date.
- Printing a trial balance as of your starting date and comparing it to your trial balance from your old system. Sometimes this requires adjusting entries due to uncorrected issues from prior years.
- Entering your transactions since your starting dates into QuickBooks.
- Training you or your staff in the use of the software to meet your accounting, management, and tax needs.
Ongoing services can include:
- Follow-up training to ensure you and your staff are continually progressing.
- Monthly, quarterly, or annual review of your QuickBooks data to assist in tax planning and preparation, as well as provide management reports.