Thinking of starting your own business?
Opening your own business can be thrilling. But it’s everything that comes after the thrill has worn off that dictates whether a small business will make it or not. If you dream of running a successful business and being your own boss, you’ll benefit immensely from a thorough and methodical plan of action.
As you embark on establishing your own business, you’ll need to make a number of crucial decisions. The process will also involve completing and filing forms and other documents that in many cases are subject to strict deadlines.
Apel can help you. We’re able to provide critical guidance that can streamline the process, give you peace of mind that everything is in order, and help your business start off on solid ground. Services we can provide include the following:
- Prepare an initial business plan to clarify your marketing, management, and financial goals.
- Determine your start-up capital needs.
- Identify sources of start-up capital and backup sources if needed.
- Evaluate and quantify your borrowing power so you know how much money you can acquire if needed.
- Select a business entity structure that best fits your needs by evaluating tax advantages, legal exposure, ease of operation, and portability should you need to relocate.
- Select the right accounting software by evaluating your budget, needs, and hardware.
- Prepare a cash flow budget so you know exactly how much money you need to keep the business alive each month for the first few years.
- Establish billing and collection procedures to maximize your cash flow.
- Establish procedures to monitor and control costs.
- Prepare and file all required state and local licenses and permits.
- Prepare and file your application for your Federal Employer Identification Number.
- Provide payroll and payroll tax filing when you hire your first employee.
- Help you arrange your business insurance needs, including workman’s compensation, disability, liability, errors and omissions, health, etc.
- Provide referrals to competent business attorneys if you need to incorporate or start an LLC. When there is more than one owner, it is imperative that you have a written operating agreement right from the start that documents your intentions about a variety of business and financial matters.
Let us help you succeed by getting your new business off to a strong start.
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like to begin the process of establishing your own business.